Our history-steeped hotel first opened its doors on December 26th, 1912. A decade later, in the hope of improving its prospects, it was leased to Fritz and Margrit Oesch-Zbinden in the autumn of 1922. They were so successful that they were in a position to buy it soon after, and in 1925, Fritz became Grand Hotel Bellevue’s owner at the age of just 32. In response to a demand for higher-standard rooms, he built apartments and added a billiard room, a bar and a fine French restaurant. As the hotel developed, it attracted an increasingly prestigious clientele – Queen Juliana of the Netherlands and Tunisian President Habib Bourguiba both checked in, and world-renowned classical musicians quickly adopted Grand Hotel Bellevue as their favourite haunt when in Gstaad for the Menuhin Festival. It became a popular choice for dignitaries – several sessions of the National Council commissions were held here. New directors took over in 1933, but the hotel maintained its reputation as a landmark of the Gstaad jetsetter scene throughout the 20th century. In 2001, Thomas Straumann, an entrepreneur from Basel, took over ownership and reopened Grand Hotel Bellevue as a luxury five-star, adding the spa in 2003 – shortly before it was named Gault Millau Hotel of the Year. Fast forward to December 1st, 2012, when entrepreneurs Daniel Koetser and Rudolf Maag took over, refurbished and reopened Le Grand Bellevue once more… Welcome to a new chapter in this grand hotel’s history.